Our guest for this episode is TBEX North America Conference Director Tim Leffel. Tim started backpacking around the world and writing for travel magazines as a freelancer in the mid-1990s. He has published several books and now runs five different websites.
Tim joins us today to talk about the results from a recent survey he conducted asking 160 travel writers and DMOs what they about The Future Of Press Trips in a post-COVID-19 world.
- at 6:38 we talk about the difference between solo trips vs. group trips
- at 10:20 we talk about how budget cuts will impact trips
- at 12:15 we talk about 4 recommendations based on the results of the survey
- at 28:32 we talk about the current trend in ad revenue on travel blogs
- at 29:42 we talk about our latest keynote speaker for TBEX North America
- at 30:35 we talk about how COVID-19 may impact our current plans for the timing of TBEX North America and current safety measures we are taking for all attendees.
- at 35:15 we announce plans for TBEX North America 2021 and TBEX Europe 2021, and TBEX Asia 2021