With TBEX Dublin under a month away, we know you’re eagerly awaiting the announcement of our workshops and pre and post-TBEX tours and experiences. Wait no more, because we’ve got some great workshops, tours, and experiences that you’ll want to scoop right up.
And remember, only registered TBEX attendees can sign up for these activities – so if you’ve been putting off getting your ticket, you’ll want to register now so you can take advantage of these opportunities.
A one-hour session during TBEX is great for an introduction to a new topic, or for a laser like focus on a narrow topic, but we know that it’s not enough time to dig into a meatier subject. So we’re continuing with our pre-BEX Workshops, to be held on October 2nd.
Our writing workshop will be led by David Farley, Christine Cantera, Leif Pettersen, and Ernest White. They are patient and enthusiastic teachers who will share information and tips to help you become a better writer. You’ll leave the session with tools to take home and put to use for your next blog post. (Limited to 50 attendees)
Our photo walk and workshop will be led by Laurence Norah and Daniel Nahabedian. This is a chance to get out in the field and learn how to set up the right shots for what you need. There will be hands on help no matter what your skill set level. Whether you use a DSLR, point and shoot, or your phone, you’ll learn something on this photo walk. (Limited to 30 attendees)
Our WordPress workshop will be led by Mitch Canter. Mitch will take you through the nuts and bolts of setting up WordPress and selecting plug-ins, as well as cover topics about website design and usability. Bring your laptop, open it up, and get down to work making your blog work for you and your readers. (Limited to 30 attendees)
Pre and Post TBEX Dublin Experiences
Our hosts in and around Dublin have put together a fabulous assortment of tours, trips, admission tickets, experiences, and more. All registered attendees may sign up for ONE of these experiences. These are open to registered attendees only. These aren’t press trips, so won’t require an application process, and are open to ALL registered attendees (bloggers and industry) on a first come, first-served basis. Space is limited and indicated on each experience.
The experiences will be offered on various dates and times throughout the week of TBEX, from October 1st through 6th, and include learning about whiskey making at Jameson, zip lining, historian led museum tours, fishing, kayaking, ghost tours, city walks and much, much, more.
The listing for each experience has detailed information to help you make your decision, including starting location, the number of people that can be accommodated, and any special considerations about the experience.
Before signing up, be sure to check your schedule to to make sure you don’t double book, and then sign up.
Here are links to what’s on offer:
In order to give everyone a chance to get on a tour, we are rolling out tour registration in two phases:
- Phase 1: Starts Friday, September 13th at Noon PST and ends on Monday, September 16th at Noon PST. Registered attendees are allowed to register for ONE tour. If you register for more than one tour, any registration after the first will be deleted. There is no ability to make a change during this open period, so make sure you use care in making your selection.
- Phase 2: Registration will reopen on Tuesday, September 17th at Noon PST. You will then be allowed to register for additional tours on multiple days. Again, if there are conflicting tours (as in you sign up for two tours at the same time), any registration after the first will be deleted.
More Important Sign Up Information
- These Dublin Experiences are open to all TBEX registrants – both bloggers and industry attendees – but registration is on an individual basis (you can sign up for yourself only).
- Experiences are limited to one experience per person as outlined in Phase 1 above.
- In Phase 2 you may sign up for additional tours and experiences.
- You can preview some of the options now so you’re ready to sign up for the tour of your choice, but note that some tour changes, substitutions, and cancellations may still occur.
- If you are traveling with a non-blogger and/or your family, and would like to bring them with you on your tour or experience, you may request that consideration in a remarks box on the sign up form. There is no guarantee that our hosts can accommodate the extra ticket request, however, our tourism partners in Ireland will be in touch with you about it.
- Tours are subject to change and some activities may be weather dependent
- Again, you must be a registered TBEX attendee to sign up. So if you’re not, go sign up for TBEX Dublin now so you can make your selection.