We’ve got some updated information for travel bloggers heading out on one of the five pre and post-TBEX Dublin FAM trips.
If you’ve been invited on one of the FAM trips, you’ve confirmed your attendance on the trip with an RSVP to us here at TBEX. You may or may not be contacted directly by a Failte Ireland representative before you arrive in Ireland. They’re working on contacting people as best they can; in some cases, you’ll receive your detailed information when you get on the bus to start your trip! These are group press trips and are run according to a schedule, so please be prompt and do not request a schedule accommodation.
All FAM trips will depart and return to The Doubletree Hotel in Dublin (the TBEX conference venue).
Pre-TBEX FAM Trips
- Wild Atlantic Way Northwest – Will depart at 12:30 pm on Saturday, September 28th, and return between 2:30-3 pm on Wednesday, October 2nd. If you have a flight arrival on the 28th, this tour can make a pick up at the Dublin airport at 1 pm. Please make sure your flight arrives early enough to clear customs and immigrations for a prompt pick up. We can not delay departure for the remainder of the tour if there is a delay. If you need an airport pick up on this departure date, let the Failte Ireland representative know when you are contacted. NOTE: This is the only date that an airport pick up can be accommodated.
- The Forever Happenin’ South East FAM will depart at 9:00 am on Sunday, 29th September and return at 3pm on Wednesday, 2nd October.
- Limerick trip – Will depart at 8 am on Sunday, September 29th, and return at 8 pm on Tuesday, October 1st.
Post-TBEX FAM Trips
- Wild Atlantic Way Southwest – Will depart at 8 am on Saturday, October 5th, and return at 2 pm on Tuesday, October 8th.
- Wild Atlantic Way West – Will depart at 8 am on Saturday, October 5th, and return at 8 pm on Monday, October 7th.
Internet Access on FAM Trips
All of the hotels on the FAM trips will have wi-fi, in the individual rooms, the lobby/reception area, or both. It is generally provided complimentary, but should you have any questions about whether or not it is complimentary, check with your FAM trip host.
Wi-fi should be available on all the coaches as well. However, note that in some areas (e.g., deep in the mountains in Connemara), coverage may be inconsistent.
Dublin Day Tours and Experiences
The second phase of registration for the Day Tours and Experiences opens up today (Tuesday, September 17th) at noon, Pacific Time.
You may register for additional tours and experiences on a first come, first served basis. These activities are open to both blogger and industry attendees. And remember, you must be registered to attend TBEX Dublin to participate in these events.