Have you been mulling over your ideas for a session at TBEX Dublin this fall? Well, here’s a little bit of good news – you’ve got a few more days to polish it up and send it to us. That’s right, we’re extending the deadline for TBEX Dublin speaker proposals.
Our original deadline fell at the end of a week of a couple big holidays – Canada Day in (ahem) Canada, and Independence Day in the US – and as we thought about it, we figured we’d rather let our Canadian and American friends celebrate rather than hounding them about getting speaker proposals in on time.
The new deadline for getting your speaker submissions in for TBEX Dublin is Wednesday, July 10th at midnight Pacific Time – a five-day extension.
The original guidelines still apply:
- Read our thorough post on what we’re looking for in proposals from speakers. Really, read the whole thing. We can tell when we get submissions from people who haven’t bothered to do their homework.
- Take your time and fill out the speaker submission form with solid information about what attendees will get from your session.
- Prepare to be flexible if your original idea is “close but not quite, and how do you feel about this tweak?”
- Think about which of our four session categories – Content, Community, Commerce, and TBEX Business (for the travel industry) – your proposal fits in.
- Understand that a self-promotional session is a no-no.
- Be a part of the TBEX community – please don’t plan to take the stage solely for personal gain.
Read through the more detailed version of these tips on our original call for TBEX Dublin speakers. If you have an idea you’re not 100% sure about, send me an email – I am more than happy to hash out ideas with you before you submit a proposal. And when you’re ready, fill out the TBEX Dublin speaker proposal submission form.
Remember, the new deadline for proposals is Wednesday, July 10th at midnight Pacific Time. Don’t wait until the last minute!