This guest post is from one of our TBEX sponsors, Virginia Tourism. You can stop by their table in the Expo hall to meet them.
Here’s why we’re pumped about TBEX!
- Virginia is for TBEX Lovers – Virginia Tourism has worked with bloggers for several years now, and of course we’ve kept an eye on the #TBEX hashtag, but this is our first year attending the conference. Needless to say, we are giddy with excitement to be a TBEX sponsor, and we’re looking forward to meeting as many bloggers as possible to talk about Virginia story ideas.
- Putting a Face with the Tweets – Over the past few years, we’ve made some valuable connections with bloggers who write about family travel, food and wine, outdoor recreation, and more through our @vatourismpr twitter account. So many of the folks we follow on twitter are attending TBEX, and we’re stoked at the opportunity to further develop these relationships by putting real faces with those avatars and twitter handles we’ve come to “know.”
- We’re Going on a Dozen Dates in Two Hours! – We’re excited to have the opportunity to share our LOVE for Virginia during our one-on-one face time with TBEX bloggers. As PR folks, our goal is to be the go-to resource for Virginia travel information. Speed dating sessions make that easy.
- The Speakers – This conference will not only be fun, but we feel confident that we’ll return to Virginia with a better understanding of bloggers and the art of blogging for our own blog posts. With the fantastic lineup of speakers, the only issue we have is picking only one session to attend at a time. If anyone knows how to clone yourself for a day, please let us know.
- Chatting Over Dinner – With such a packed schedule at TBEX, it is hard to meet with everyone you want to. So, we are looking forward to continuing conversations with bloggers into the evening at the fantastic dinner parties that are planned. Any time top quality food and engaging conversation are combined, it’s sure to be a great time. What we’re NOT looking forward to is the extended waistline that is sure to follow, by hey, that’s the breaks. At least we’ll all be in the same boat!