Letter of Agreement – Speaker
This letter agreement constitutes the terms and conditions for speaking at the TBEX Europe 2020 Conference in Catania, Italy (the “Conference”). By submission of the application for speaking at the Conference, and clicking on the confirmation in the application, you agree to abide by the following Terms & Conditions as it relates to the Conference and more specifically, the session and services you may be providing at the Conference should TBEX, LLC (“Company”) accept your application.
No agreement will be consummated and considered effective between you and Company, unless and until a subsequent email confirmation detailing your specific services to be provided at the Conference, is sent from Company to you, the speaker.
Terms & Conditions
- Engagement. SPEAKER agrees to prepare, present, and discuss information and/or materials for the Conference.
- Session Promotion: By agreeing to speak at the Conference, you are granting Company the right to use your name, image, bio and topic information in the promotion of the Conference and your session. This includes listings in the web site, newsletters, advertisements, the and various other sources as to be determined by the Company. Unless otherwise requested, Speaker’s e-mail address may be posted on the Conference’s web site or session materials to facilitate communication between Speaker, Company and session attendees.
- Session Location: All Conference sessions will be held at the le Ciminiere Congress Center located in Catania, Italy. Note that specific session room assignments are made in the weeks just prior to the Conference. You should tell interested parties to check on-site signage or online schedule for the session’s location.
- Session Layout: All sessions will be held in meeting rooms that have theater style or classroom style seating. There will be a riser at the front of the room for you to present your session. There will be one wired floor microphone in the seating area for attendees to direct questions to the speakers. If for any reason, you do not wish attendees to be able to address questions at your session, you must notify Company at least 6 weeks prior to the Conference.
- Audio Visual Equipment: The following equipment will be provided by the Company in your session room:
- Podium with microphone
- internet connection or wireless internet access
- a projector with computer cables for connection to your laptop
Please make sure that your presentation is adequately prepared on your personal laptop so that it does not require complex or lengthy preparation. A/V technicians will be on-site to assist with questions and technical issues.
- Session Attendance/Access: Access control will be in effect for all Conference sessions.
- Speaker Agrees To:
- Submission of Speaker Information: Submit the following details/materials to Company with this completed agreement and Speaker submission or your application may not be considered:
- Speaker’s full name (as it will appear in a contract, on promotion and in signs)
- Speaker’s title (if applicable)
- Speaker’s company or affiliation (if applicable)
- Speaker’s mailing address
- Speaker’s e-mail address
- Speaker’s telephone number
- Speaker’s cell phone number
- Speaker’s blog title
NOTE: If any of this information changes prior to the session, Speaker agrees to notify Company immediately. This is particularly important in the event of employment or title change, and for the ability to communicate important Conference details with the Speaker.
- I agree not to outboard or suitcase the Conference or promote other individuals or brands that may participate in such activities. Outboarding is when a company that should be a sponsor of an event instead decides to host their own competing event without the consent of the original event organizer. Suitcasing is when a company either registers as an attendee, or has no badge at all, when they should be registered as a sponsor of the event. They are actively trying to recruit business from attendees – by handing out flyers in hallways, leaving printed material on tables, etc. – without paying to be a sponsor.
- Audio / Video Recording. The Speaker grants to Company any and all copyrights in recordings made during the engagement and the right to make, use, and sell copies of such recordings in any and all media, and to edit such records as reasonably deemed necessary by the Company in order to render suitable for sale. The Speaker releases any and all claims against the Company, which may arise directly or indirectly from the sale of copies of such recordings. In consideration for the above release and grant, the Company agrees to acknowledge the Speaker’s contribution to the recordings sold and in material disseminated with such recordings, in the way outlined in materials submitted by the speaker. Company will provide a copy of any Recordings made for Speaker’s use.
- Submission of Speaker’s Bio: Upon acceptance, Speaker will receive a request for a brief (75 words or less) bio. This bio may be used on the web site, directory and in promotional materials or any event-related distribution without limitation.
- Speak at the Session when Confirmed by The Company. Speaker agrees to work with Company staff, track leaders, other session speakers and a/v techs in the professional presentation of the session. Speaker agrees to limit his/her presentation to the topic and time listed in this agreement. Speaker agrees that he/she will come to the Conference with a professional presentation prepared and will not attempt to speak “off the cuff” or “wing it”. Speaker agrees that he/she will present a program that is entirely educational in nature. No type of sales presentation shall be permitted and Speaker will refrain from making promotional statements about his/her company or service. Speaker is permitted to reference case situations that involve his/her company or service if it is purely historical in nature and is not intended to be a marketing or sales pitch for their business or any other business.
- Only Cover Respectful and Legal Material in the Session. Speaker agrees to refrain from overt statements that disparage the rightful dignity or social equality of any individual or group. In the speech or presentation, the Speaker agrees to avoid jokes, references or innuendo of a sexual nature, references to individuals or groups by virtue of their membership in a particular religious, racial, or ethnic group that could be considered offensive, or use of profane language that could be considered offensive. The Speaker also agrees and states that all material and content presented by the Speaker does not infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, patent or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, nor do they promote or endorse any product, service, or device which may or is at this time of the program not approved by any governing agency. Speaker agrees that it will not use any copyrighted music in the session without obtaining prior written permission from Company and music owner. Speaker agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Company for any liability resulting from the presentation, both verbal and written, including libel, slander and misstatement of fact, antitrust violations or violation of copyright.
- Provide Company with Session Materials in a Timely Manner. Speaker agrees to provide Company with an advance digital copy of any a/v presentation (including but not limited to Power Point presentations, video clips, audio clips, podcasts, etc.) that will be used in the session no later than 02/15/20. Speaker also agrees to bring a back-up copy of this material with him/her on-site to the Conference.
- Arrive and Check in for the Session in a Timely Manner. Speaker agrees to arrive at the, le Ciminiere Congress Center pick up his or her badge in registration and check in with the Conference team at least two hours prior to the start time of the session listed in this Agreement. This time is necessary to check in, receive instructions from Company staff and track leader, find the session room and do final room and a/v checks. It is highly recommended that the Speaker check in a full day prior to the session start time to fully orient his/herself to the Conference and venue, as well as to ask any questions that may be necessary.
- In the Event of an Emergency. Should it become necessary for the Speaker to cancel his/her participation in the session listed in this Agreement, Speaker agrees, to the best of his/her ability, to give Company at least 60 days of advance notice. Should this cancellation have to occur between 5 and 60 days prior to the session, speaker agrees to immediately notify Company via e-mail AND telephone of the cancellation. Speaker also agrees to attempt to assist Company in identifying a proper replacement for Speaker in this session. If possible, Speaker should try to provide company with a possible replacement’s name, phone number and e-mail address with their cancellation. Should the Speaker have to cancel his/her presentation within 5 days of the session, Speaker agrees to immediately contact Company via telephone and e-mail, with a brief professional explanation of the emergency (i.e., family emergency, travel delay, company emergency, etc.) and Company has permission to publish this information to attendees as an explanation as to why the Speaker is not present. This is done in an attempt to protect the reputation of both Company and Speaker, and no personal information will be shared.
j, Submission of Speaker’s Digital Image: Upon acceptance, Speaker will receive a request for headshot. This photo may be used on the web site, directory and in promotional materials or any event-related distribution without limitation.
- Image Rights Release: As a participant in Conference, upon the terms herewith stated, I hereby give to Company, their heirs, legal representatives and assigns, and those acting with his/her authority and permission:
The unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use, re-use, sales through any visual or audio media, publish, live streaming and broadcast video or pictures of me or in which I may be included intact or in part, composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or transformations in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or reproduction hereof in color or otherwise, made through any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, art, promotion, advertising, trade, or any other purpose whatsoever. I also permit the use of any printed material in connection therewith. I hereby relinquish any right that I may have to examine or approve the completed product or products or the advertising copy or printed matter that may be used in conjunction therewith or the use to which it may be applied.
- Release & Indemnification. I hereby release, discharge and agree to save harmless Company, their heirs, legal representatives or assigns, and all persons functioning under their permission or authority, or those for whom they are functioning, from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of said picture or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication thereof, including without limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy. Speaker shall indemnify and hold harmless Company from any claim, demand, loss, liability, damage or expense arising in any way from the Speaker’s performance of services. Speaker recognizes that Company is relying on Speaker to perform as outlined in this Agreement
- Compensation. In consideration for the services provided by Speaker, Speaker will receive the following:
- Conference Registration/Event Pass: Company will provide Speaker with a complimentary access code to receive a “FULL ACCESS” registration pass.
- Recognition in the Conference Web Site, Online Schedule, and on On-Site Signage: Receive recognition from your peers as an industry leader and exposure to thousands of potential customers by speaking at the Conference. Your name and/or photo will appear in multiple Conference promotional opportunities before and during the Conference (provided that you provide your photo by the cutoff date—details will be provided if you are selected as a Speaker).
- It is understood by the Speaker that no financial remuneration is paid to Speaker in consideration of the services provided. This includes compensation or reimbursement for expenses relating to the Conference, unless specifically provided for in writing by Company.
- I hereby affirm that I am over the age of majority and have the right to contract in my own name. I have read the above authorization, release and agreement, prior to its execution; I fully understand the contents thereof. This agreement shall be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives and assigns