Scenic Drives: Mountain Vibes: Yellowstone Country Montana
Number of Participants: Maximum of 4 attendees; ground transportation, lodging, meals and activities provided
Starting Point: September 14 at Billings Hotel & Convention Center
Ending Point: September 18 at Bozeman International Airport
Transportation: Transportation provided from Billings Hotel & Convention Center; transportation provided for all activities on the agenda from September 14 – 18; transportation provided to departure flights on September 18.
Description: An outdoor paradise awaits on the eastern side of Montana’s Yellowstone Country. This exciting four-day experience includes the famed Lamar Valley of Yellowstone National Park, the most scenic drive in America, one of the state’s top breweries, world-renowned fly fishing and much, much more.
Note: Most of this tour is wheelchair accessible.
A sampling of items on the agenda:
- Hike Woodbine Falls in Nye, Montana. This great trail for all skill levels enters the Beartooth Wilderness almost immediately and is excellent for bird-watching.
- Stop at the New Atlas Bar in Columbus, Montana, dubbed the “Horniest Bar in Montana” and the Red Lodge Ales Brewery in Red Lodge, Montana.
- Dine at local, charming eateries that will surprise even the most fastidious foodies.
- Travel over the Beartooth Highway—called the most scenic drive in America—as well as the Absarokee Loop Scenic Drive, with must-stops for photos along the way.
- Venture into the Lamar Valley in Yellowstone National Park. No other destination in Yellowstone gives you a greater opportunity to see wild bison. The Lamar Valley is also a great spot to see gray wolves, elk, pronghorn antelope and even grizzly bears.
- Fly-fish world-renowned rivers and streams in search of rainbow, brown and cutthroat trout.
- Go wild with adventure activities in this outdoor-enthusiast’s paradise. The full slate of activities is to be determined, but possibilities include ATV rentals, zip-lining, floating and horseback riding.
- Learn about Yellowstone Country history with visits to cultural heritage sites throughout the area, including the Tippet Rise Art Center in Fishtail, Montana.