Old Faithful Adventure
Number of Participants: Maximum of 4 attendees; ground transportation, lodging, meals and activities provided
Starting Point: September 14 at Billings Hotel & Convention Center
Ending Point: September 18 at Bozeman International Airport
Transportation: Transportation provided from Billings Hotel & Convention Center; transportation provided for all activities on the agenda from September 14 – 18; transportation provided to departure flights on September 18
Description: Explore the western side of Montana’s Yellowstone Country in bustling Bozeman, while adding stops in the aptly named Big Sky, tranquil West Yellowstone and charming Three Forks. This agenda includes the famed Sacajawea Hotel, outdoor adventures and local flavors.
Note: Most of this tour is wheelchair accessible.
A sampling of items on the agenda:
- Hike at Ousel Falls in Big Sky, Montana and Drinking Horse Mountain Trail in Bozeman, Montana. Ousel Falls is a mellow 1.5-mile roundtrip leading to a beautiful waterfall. Drinking Horse Mountain Trail is a moderate 2.4-mile roundtrip with 360-degree views atop its summit.
- Check out some of the best local breweries in a state known for its fantastic craft brews.
- Dine at local, charming eateries that will surprise even the most fastidious foodies.
- Soak at Bozeman Hot Springs. For more than 100 years, visitors have come to relax and rejuvenate in these natural hot spring mineral waters.
- Venture into the Upper Geyser Basin en route to Old Faithful, the most famous of nearly 500 geysers in Yellowstone National Park.
- Fly-fish world-renowned rivers and streams in search of rainbow, brown and cutthroat trout.
- Go wild with adventure activities in this outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. The full slate of activities is to be determined, but possibilities include ATV rentals, a zip-line adventure park, floating and horseback riding.
- Learn about Yellowstone Country history with visits to cultural heritage sites throughout the area, including the Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman, Montana and the Madison Buffalo Jump State Park in Three Forks, Montana.