This session is for bloggers that is ready to go on press trips, pitch a destination, hotel or for a brand sponsorship. Deciding is pitch is easy but pitching correctly is the difficult part.
Tomiko will provide advice on how to pitch with the right information to gain success. Pitching is storytelling, negotiating, speaking the language of brands. If bloggers want to change the narrative on how brands view them they pitch like business men and women not someone who has their fingers crossed.
Having the credentials (great blog, social media numbers etc) will get you in the door but it’s also about building a relationship. Conveying your ideas and how they align with the brand you are pitching to. (Hotel, CVB, PR Agency or Tourism Board)
Session Take Aways:
– Pitch to The right person
– Find Emails – Master the Art of Introduction
– Selling yourself as an authority
– What are your Strengths
– Concise Ideas regarding the destination ( Do your homework)
– Understand Business Terminology
– Understand Marketing Person has a performance review as well
– Show Value
– Create multiple storyline
– Don’t Always say yes
– Under Promise and Over