700 Monroe Street | Huntsville, Alabama 35801
voice 256.533.1953 | fax 256.551.2203
If you’ve spent any time at all in Huntsville, one local landmark has most likely served as a backdrop for some special memories: rocking out to a favorite band, making your first presentation at the annual meeting, dancing with that special someone on prom night or even walking across the stage to collect your diploma. It’s not just a venue but, a part of your life! If you haven’t already guessed it, I’m talking about the Von Braun Center (VBC), and it is hitting a major milestone this year. To help celebrate the momentous occasion of their 40th anniversary (yes, 40), we compiled a list of the 40 reasons why you should host your next event, meeting or convention at the Von Braun Center!In celebration of the VBC’s 40th anniversary, the Von Braun Center has planned a variety of fun events for the public. Click here for updates and more information on how you can join in on the celebration.
1. Elvis has left the building! But only after five sold out performances from May 30 – June 1, 1975. It was the first time Elvis sold out this many consecutive performances outside of Las Vegas.
2. Elvis was truly inspired by the superb response he received in Huntsville; so much so, that he released Dixieland Delight. This live release features concert performances from May 31, 1975 and June 1, 1975…where else but in Huntsville, at the Von Braun Center.
3. Feeling patriotic? At the VBC, you can add an American Flag, measuring 20 x 30 feet, to your next North Hall event. Those stars are practically actual size!
4. The Von Braun Center has played host to an impressive variety of guests, from the original “Rocket Man”, Wernher himself, to the “Rocket Man” of music, Sir Elton John.
5. Don’t like the color of the carpet? They can change it for you. With 5,800 linear feet of black, red or gray exhibit floor carpeting, they’ve got your floor, well, covered.