Welcome to Speed Dating at TBEX
We are excited to be hosting TBEX Europe ’13 in Dublin, Ireland. We will be providing our attendees with an opportunity to connect with each other through the use of BloggerBridge. You will have received a welcome letter, and before you dive in, we would like you to review this guide.
You will be able to access Speed Dating at https://tbex.bloggerbridge.com/
|Creating Your Profile||Creating a Company Profile||Requesting Appointments||Accepting Appointments|
Creating Your Profile
1. Create Your Password
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have registered for the conference you will already have an account. DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT, you will be creating a second account that is not active. Go to the link below and enter the email you registered with. You will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to create your new password (this email link is on a timer so if you do not reset your password within an hour, you will need to request the reset email again). Please note that if you registered multiple people under the same email, you will need to contact us at email@example.com to setup your account. Each attendee needs a unique email address.
Click on the link in the email you receive and you will be taken to this page where you will create your password. Once you have created your profile, you will be redirected to your account.
2. Update your Profile
The first thing you will want to do upon accessing your account is update your profile. You can do so under the “My Profile” tab.
Once you click the “My Profile” tab, you will be taken to your profile home. From this page you will see options to the right where you can update your profile.
When you click on “Update Profile”, you will be able to update the following information.
- Picture – Choose a square picture at least 200×200 pixels for best results
- First Name
- Last Name
- About Me
- Address 1 (private)
- Address 2 (private)
- Postal Code
3. Add Social Media Accounts
Important Note: Your Twitter followers and Klout score will be automatically pulled if you list your Twitter Accounts. This is public information that is already viewable by outside parties.
The next step is to add your Social Media Accounts. You can add as many accounts as you like. Click on “Create Account” to add new accounts.
- Social Network – Facebook, Facebook Page, Flickr, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube
- Name – enter the username/handle that your account is associated with. If you enter this incorrectly, it will not display your stats.
- URL – use http format (i.e. http://tbexcon.com)
Creating a Company Profile
1. Update Your Company Profile
Click on your company name to view your Company Profile.
Select “Edit Company” to add a company description and logo.
You will be able to update the following:
- Logo – Choose a square picture at least 200×200 pixels for best results
- Name – you can edit the way your Company Name is listed
- URL – use http format (i.e. http://tbexcon.com)
- Description – add a company biography so bloggers can learn more about you
- Logo URL – if you want to link to your logo instead of uploading use http format (i.e. http://tbexcon.com)
1. Add/Remove Employees (Admin)
The primary contact for each company will be setup as the admin. Admins can ADD and REMOVE Employee Profiles onto your Company Profiles. Only the primary contact for companies have been added to the system. If you wish to add more employees to BloggerBridge, please send us an email with that persons name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified once they have been added.
Important Note: When a Travel Blogger sends an invitation to a Company all employees listed under the company will receive a notification.
1. Return to Your Dashboard to Begin Requesting Appointments
Your dashboard will show all appointments you have scheduled and any open slots. If you do not want block off slots, click on the “Available” button in the time slot to toggle between Available and Reserved.
Each table also has the option of holding two appointments for each time slot. If you would like to activate this option, select the “Add Chair” button for the appropriate networking events. This will open up additional slots for appointments.
2. View Travel Blogger Profiles
Click on the “Users” tab to search and view Travel Bloggers available for meetings.
We provide a robust search tool to help Companies & Bloggers Connect. You can search by any of the metrics below, and combinations of metrics. Just switch tabs and add additional search requirements to narrow down your search. You also have the option of sorting by these metrics.
- Bloggers who – you can search by products and services bloggers are offering
- who blog about – you can search by any tags bloggers have used to describe their blogs. This includes destinations, and blog niches.
- Start Year on or before
(Physical location of the blogger)
- Near Address – proximity determined by the address provided (actual address not displayed – example: Statue of Liberty)
(You can search by keyword in any of these fields)
- Minimum PR – Google Page Rank
- Minimum Page Views – This will only be visible if the blogger has authorized Google Analytics which is optional
- Maximum Alexa
- Minimum Twitter Followers
- Minimum Facebook Likes
- Minimum Klout Score
(search by destinations they cover)
The search will display key information, but you can also click on their Name to view their complete profile.
3. Request a Meeting
Request a meeting by selecting the “Invite” button. You can also invite directly from a blogger’s profile. There is also the option of sending them a message if you want to communicate before requesting an appointment.
Once you have submitted an invitation, you will receive a confirmation at the top of your screen stating that it was done.
Important Note: The party receiving the meeting invitation will be able to set the time slot based on both parties availability.
1. View Invitations
You can view invitations you extended and those that you received from Travel Bloggers. Click on Invitations Received to view all meeting requests submitted by Travel Bloggers.
2. Accept/Decline Invitation
You can accept, decline or send the blogger a message directly from this screen. You can also click on their name to view their profile before deciding.
3. If Accepting Select A Time Slot for Your Meeting
Click on the “Choose” button within your preferred time slot. The listed time slots are based upon both your and the requestee’s availability.