Having TBEX in a different location each time gives travel bloggers a chance to discover something new – especially when our hosts work so hard to showcase the best of their city and region. Toronto is no exception. In addition to all the fun we’ll have in the city, we’re excited to announce the array of pre-TBEX and post-TBEX blog trips that Ontario Tourism and Tourism Toronto are offering travel bloggers who will be attending TBEX.
Tourism Toronto and its members and the Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Co. and its partners have put together 16 different trips you can choose from. There’s a variety of trips, from multi-day tours to day tours from the city before and after TBEX, and a range of possible experiences. In short, you should be able to find at least one that fits the niche of your travel blog – the trouble may be narrowing it down to just one.
You can browse all 16 trip options, read details about each one, and then apply to be considered for a spot on the trips you’re most interested in via the “Apply Now” link at the bottom of the page. All the information you need to include in your application is listed on that page, too, so you’re prepared before you begin the application process.
We won’t go into the nitty-gritty of every blog trip here, but to whet your appetite, here are some of the trips you can choose from:
- Quintessential Canadian Wilderness Experience
- Wine Country Ontario
- Family Adventures in Central Counties
- Thunder Bay Sail the Big Lake
- Ottawa: Sweet vs Spicy a Canadian Smackdown
- World Class Fly Fishing
Now that you’re even more curious, your next move should be to read about all of the TBEX blog trips in Ontario, pick the ones you want to apply for, and then fill out the online application. Applications must be completed by March 22, and Ontario Tourism will notify bloggers if they are selected by April 1.
But wait, there’s more!
In addition to all of the trips outside the city, there will also be more than 40 experiences in and around Toronto on May 30-31 and June 3, both right before and right after TBEX. Those Toronto experiences will have a separate application process for registered TBEX attendees, and we’ll have that announcement ready soon – so stay tuned for news of the amazing line up of Toronto experiences.
- Space is limited on each trip.
- Only registered travel bloggers attending TBEX can apply for these blog trips (no guests).
- Although every effort will be made to accommodate requests, there is no guarantee placement on a FAM tour.
- Bloggers may only take one pre and/or post FAM or day tour in Ontario and can take one city tour in Toronto on Friday, May 31st, not multiple tours.
- The purpose of participating in one of these trips is to gather editorial content – blog posts, photos, videos, and more – to be published on a blog, website, print publication, radio or broadcast media.
- As with all blog trips, you should plan to engage on social media to the extent possible (every effort will be made to make sure you have WiFi access) and to provide Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Co., Tourism Toronto, and their partners with links to all published works resulting from the trip.
Photo used with the permission of Tourism Toronto