We met for #TBEXOstrava2018 in the land of stories where timeworn villages are tucked into dells surrounded by lush, rolling hillsides. We connected over craft beer, sweet local wine and artisan cheese, and dined on Czech fare while traditional harmonies from Bohemia and Moravia drifted in the breeze. And we soon discovered that this former Nazi-occupied member of the Eastern bloc who gained its freedom in the Velvet Revolution, has a history and culture that’s as unique and captivating as the people who call it home. Yes, we quickly fell in love with every magnificent kilometer of eastern Czechia.
We gathered in Ostrava where Olympic champion Hussein Bolt has blessed the city’s highest geographical point, an artistic glass structure rising from an old blast furnace. We partied under that awe-inspiring tower, learned the tango, and danced to the sounds of electro swing DJ jams. We met where a long history of mining and industry at Lower Vítkovice has been transformed into a contemporary, multi-purpose facility which received over 1.5 million visitors last year, and hosted several hundred bloggers in 2018 for the first TBEX conference held in Central Europe.
We also learned – valuable information for mastering our preferred media and publishing platforms. We discovered proven methods for honing our craft, marketing our content, and strengthening our brand. We gleaned advice and techniques from industry experts for capitalizing on a sound business strategy. And we connected with brands in collective partnerships. That’s what brings bloggers, vloggers and travel marketing influencers to TBEX, and what keeps them coming back time after time.
But most importantly, TBEX is about the people. People like you.
We want to hear your story about TBEX Europe 2018. Whether it’s a story about the conference, the breakout sessions, a party, or what you learned that is changing how you work and grow. Whether it’s a story about someone you met, a business deal you arranged, or an idea you have for a new project. Whether it’s an experience from a pre-bex activity, a post-bex FAM trip, or whether you connected something about the region to the ongoing narrative of your personal travels. Please share the content you created for #TBEXOstrava2018 as a result of your experiences in the Czech Republic.
Please leave your name, the link, and the title of your story in the comments box below. We will add your story here and share the collection we receive with our hosts and their partners.
- Submit your story and link only once. This service is moderated so please understand that it may take up to a couple of weeks for your story to appear.
- Only submit stories related to your attendance at TBEX Europe 2018, participation in the events, and your time spent exploring Ostrava and Czech Republic. Do not submit previously published work.
- Please make sure you include a). the title of your story; b). your name and/or blog name; c). the link to your story.
- Please take in mind that our hosts want to know about your experiences as a way for them to prepare reports and analysis of the benefit of hosting TBEX and the content that comes out of it. Please help us send them clips by including your story – whether you write it now, next week, next month, or six months from now. We all know that the complexity and depth of our experiences are a powerful tool in anchoring our stories.
- We want stories, videos, photography, podcasts, etc. All forms of content and storytelling are welcome.
SHARE YOUR TBEX STORY!
1. Eu Moraria Em Praga – República Tcheca
2. Walking in the Middle of Iron & Rust
The Travelers Buddy
3. TBEX Ostrava Europe 2018
Travel Live Learn
4. Prague Castle-Best Views of the City
Run The Atlas
5. Blogger Business Report: July 2018
6. Five Amazing Places to Visit in the Eastern Czech Republic
Perceptive Travel Blog