West Yellowstone – The Heart of Yellowstone Adventure
Number of Participants: Maximum of six attendees – ground transportation, lodging, meals and activities provided
Start Point: September 14 Billings
End Point: September 18 (morning) at West Yellowstone Airport or Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport
Transportation: Transportation provided Billings to West Yellowstone Sept. 14 and from West Yellowstone to departure airports West Yellowstone Airport (WYS) or Bozeman (BZN). Sept. 18 (morning); transportation to all activities on agenda September 14-18. Note: This is an adventure based tour. Hiking shoes and comfortable clothing (that can get wet) are recommended.
Description: Travel to heart of Yellowstone Country for outdoor recreation, history and sights of Yellowstone National Park. This four-day, three-night experience will include, outdoor adventures, as well as sightseeing and the opportunity to sample local foods.
A sampling of items on the agenda:
- Explore The Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center, an AZA accredited Not-for-Profit, wildlife park and educational facility, open 365 days a year, offering visitors to Yellowstone a – uniquely experience into the world of grizzly bears and gray wolves. All the animals at the Center are unable to survive in the wild and serve as ambassadors for their wild counterparts.
- Go fly fishing on the Madison River, one of our world-class blue ribbon trout streams.
- Hike or Mountain Bike on the Rendezvous Trail System.
- Take an ATV ride through the Custer-Gallatin National Forest surrounding West Yellowstone.
- Take a pontoon boat ride on scenic Hebgen Lake.
- Take in the “Yellowstone Movie” at the Yellowstone Giant Screen Theatre.
- Visit the Yellowstone Historic Center & Museum, and explore the Historic District.
- Visit the Earthquake Lake Visitor Center and learn about the night the mountain fell in 1959.
- Shop our unique local retailers for that perfect souvenir or gift.
- Get a taste of regional cuisine at our local dining establishments.