Fall in Western Montana—Glacier National Park
Number of Participants: Maximum of eight attendees – ground transportation, lodging, meals and activities provided
Start Point: September 14 in Billings, Montana
End Point: September 22 in Missoula, Montana
Transportation: Transportation provided from time of pick-up at Billings Hotel on Day 1 until time of drop-off in Missoula on Day 8.
Description: Glacier National Park, gorgeous mountain scenery, glacier fed rivers and lakes, farm-to-table food scene and farmers markets, wild life, hiking, biking and boating combine in this exciting seven-day experience of Western Montana.
A sampling of items on the agenda:
- Experience the epic grandeur and magnificent scenery of Glacier National Park.
- Raft down one of Glacier Country’s glacial fed rivers.
- Visit historic Kalispell and the Conrad Mansion.
- Experience one of Western Montana’s dozens of farmers markets, including live music, food trucks and lots of local flavor in Whitefish’s charming downtown.
- Sample Western Montana’s craft beverages at local brew pubs and spirits at local distilleries.
- Tour Montana’s most intact ghost town—Garnet—for an inside view of the life of a goldminer.
- Hike into the Swan Range with the help of llamas—for a half day llama trek.
- Experience the cultural and food scene in Missoula: fine dining, farm-to-table restaurants, art galleries, and a vibrant and bustling downtown.
- Visit the National Bison Range, where bison and wildlife abound.
- Explore Wild Horse Island—and catch a glimpse of wild horses or big horn sheep—in the middle of Flathead Lake.