Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Oh my!
Number of Participants: Maximum of 4 attendees; ground transportation, lodging, meals and activities provided
Starting Point: September 14 at Billings Hotel & Convention Center
Ending Point: September 18 at Bozeman International Airport
Transportation: Transportation provided from Billings Hotel & Convention Center; transportation provided for all activities on the agenda from September 14 – 18; transportation provided to departure flights on September 18
Description: Big Sky is an R-Destination. Come Recreate, Relax, Rejuvenate, Reconnect and Return home Refreshed. Big Sky offers unlimited access to outdoor recreation and this trip will be jam packed with it! From the wet and wild whitewater experience, to fly fishing on the blue-ribbon trout streams, backcountry hikes and meandering wildlife and widespread wildflowers, each day will be filled with unique experiences and memories to last a lifetime! Come live the dream and experience Big Sky for yourself.
Note: This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
A sampling of items on the agenda:
- Hike up to Beehive Basin, a local’s favorite and take in the panoramic views of the surrounding mountain ranges and valley of Big Sky. The trail is 5 miles roundtrip and is moderately difficult with over 2,000 feet in elevation gain. Bear spray will be provided.
- Walk and wade the Gallatin River with a seasoned local guide and try your hand at fly fishing! Catch and release only.
- From galloping on the ranch to venturing through the Gallatin National Forest, our experienced wranglers and horses are dedicated to empowering riders of all ages and abilities to discover Montana cowboy style.
- The Lone Peak Tram at Big Sky Resort whisks skiers and riders up a sheer vertical face and delivers them to a skiing paradise at the top of Lone Mountain. At the summit, there are 360-degree views of three states, two national parks, countless peaks and distant mountain ranges. Come experience this epic adventure, summer style!
- As a gateway destination to Yellowstone National Park, Big Sky is located just under an hour’s drive from the west entrance. This world-renowned bucket list destination showcases a variety of wildlife, colorful hot pots, waterfalls, geysers and geologic wonders that do not exist anywhere else on the planet.