“The most beautiful place on earth” – National Geographic
“Voted among the top 100 destinations in the world” – Trip Advisor
“A very favourable winter destination” – CNN
Film location for Star Wars Episode VIII, The Last Jedi, Ryan’s Daughter and Far and Away………
The Dingle Peninsula stretches 30 miles into the Atlantic Ocean from Ireland’s south-west coast. With stunning mountain ranges, the magnificent coastline offers vistas of sea-cliffs, sandy beaches, dramatic headlands and Blasket Islands lying off this most westerly point of Ireland and Europe.
The Dingle Peninsula, an Irish speaking region, has a choice of villages – from fishing villages to market towns to seaside resorts, there is so much to explore!
Reasons to Visit:
• World renowned scenery
• Eat great locally produced food and freshly caught fish
• Walk the 162km Dingle Way
• Throw a pot
• Try a “cúpla focail” – our local Irish words
• Love a traditional Irish Music Session
• Experience Gaelic Football
• Enjoy our local Festivals all year round
• Meet “The Locals” – in a place full of character and characters
• Discover the story of Tom Crean, West Kerry’s Antarctic Explorer
• Visit one of our local pubs, breweries or distillery
• Explore the thundering magnificence of Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way – One Peninsula Showcases it all!
• Chase a rainbow or a Sunset!
• Kayak at Sunset
• Swim with Fungie the Dolphin
• Shore angling by moonlight
• Surf in Brandon Bay
• Explore Sea Caves Paddle Boarding
• Ride a horse on Ventry Beach
• Links Golf at Ceann Sibéal & Castlegregory
• Visit Beehive Huts & Gallarus Oratory
• Cycle Slea Head
• Walk barefoot on glorious beaches
• Take a boat trip and discover seals, dolphins and whales
• Visit the Great Blasket Islands
• Dive and explore underwater sea cliffs
• Build a Sandcastle!