Speed Networking at TBEX is a series of pre-scheduled custom meetings between Sponsors, (DMO’s, Brands, Marketing & PR agencies, etc.) and Travel Bloggers utilizing the BloggerBridge software platform. The meetings are brief, just 8 minutes long, encouraging both parties to focus on their objectives in meeting with one another. Speed Networking lasts for two hours. Allowing you to set as many as 12 appointments in the allotted time.
When and where does this take place?
Speed networking takes place on the first day of TBEX (Date TBD), 2014 – (Time TBD). Participants will fill out a profile detailing the types of connections they’re interested in making, including such data as target demographics, current editorial needs and interests, product or service interests, and specialized areas of influence.
How do I get matched with those I want to meet?
Travel Bloggers are automatically signed up once they register for the show. Sponsors, PR & Industry will need to sign up or rent a table in order to participate by contacting our Business Development team. Once signed up, you’ll get an invitation to log in to the software platform, and you’ll be provided with instructions on how to utilize the software. You’ll fill out a simple profile with your interests, and then you will be able to browse profiles and request appointments!
What happens in a Speed Networking appointment?
A quick exchange of background information, each party sharing their business needs, and most importantly, the beginning of a new potential business relationship. Often deals are made during these speed networking sessions. Many appointments begin relationships that lead to mutually beneficial future business.
Why do Businesses participate in Speed Networking?
For Sponsors, PR & Industry: This is a one-stop opportunity to quickly locate Travel Bloggers who have interests aligned with what you have to offer, and to meet those content creators who can help tell your story to the very people you are trying to reach.
Benefits for Sponsors, PR & Industry participants:
- A chance to meet with professional Travel Bloggers (all at one time, in one convenient place) who can help you reach your target demographics.
- An opportunity to talk about your destination, company or product story with the most skilled, influential people who are in a position to help you with effective storytelling (and giving you firsthand critical feedback).
- Meeting Travel Bloggers who have the market segment and readership demographics you want to target.
- Pre-screening for potential future press trips, saving valuable time and money when inviting Travel Bloggers to visit your destination.
- A chance to pitch or share your company’s story with targeted Travel Bloggers you would otherwise be challenged to recognize or find by chance in the crowd.
- This opportunity is cost efficient as well as time saving.
- To reserve a table for your Business: Contact email@example.com to purchase a Speed Networking table before they’re gone!
Why do Travel Bloggers participate in Speed Networking?
For Travel Bloggers: This is a rare, convenient opportunity to meet Sponsors, PR & Industry representatives who understand the value of your digital content and want to meet and do business with you.
Benefits for Travel Blogger participants:
- The opportunity to meet with Sponsor, PR and Industry representatives who are interested in meeting and working with you.
- Get your questions answered by people who know the answers–or get connected with the experts for follow-up conversations.
- Properly position yourself as a professional content creator, getting in front of Sponsor, PR & Industry representatives who you should be aligned with.
- Line up future press trips and sponsored visits if applicable.
- Look for businesses that could be potential partners for your blog, podcast or web video series, whether immediately or as you continue to shape your business growth.
- Put together a few well-placed deals, and your trip to TBEX will pay for itself numerous times over (and you’ll have a new, growing relationship with businesses who need you).
- All registered Travel Bloggers will automatically be signed up. You will receive an email invitation to setup your profile. You’ll be able to fill in your interests there, and begin finding matches with the Sponsor, PR & Industry representatives most interested in meeting.