At a glance
AIR FRANCE KLM is a major player in the air transport industry. The Group operates the leading long-haul network on departure from Europe.
In 2013, AIR FRANCE KLM carried 77.3 million passengers and 1.3 million tonnes of cargo.
The Group’s fleet comprises 552 aircraft.
Its network covers 231 destinations in 103 countries from its hubs at Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Amsterdam-Schiphol.
The Flying Blue frequent flyer programme is leader in Europe and has over 21 million members.
With their partners Delta and Alitalia, AIR FRANCE and KLM operate the biggest transatlantic joint venture with more than 250 daily flights.
AIR FRANCE and KLM are members of the SkyTeam alliance which has 20 member airlines, offering customers access to a global network of over 15,500 daily flights to 1,064 destinations in 178 countries.
- Did you know Air France is 80 this year?
- The Air France network:
- . 390 aircraft
- . 190 destinations
- . 1,500 flights per day
- . 1,616,438 kilometers per day, or four times the distance from the
- Earth to the Moon
- . 870 minutes, or 14 ½ hours, is the longest non-stop flight, between Paris and Santiago
- Air France uniforms:
- . 13 designers have worked with Air France, including: Georgette Renal, Christian Dior, Cristobal Balenciaga, Jean Patou, Nina Ricci, Carven, Féraud and Christian Lacroix
- Food on board:
- . 1 million bottles of champagne per year
- . 14 million meal trays per year
- . 365 tons of biscuits provided through a historic partnership with Mont Saint-Michel’s La Mère Poulard
- . Cold meals served on board beginning in 1937
- . Master chefs have created the dishes served on board since 1973, from Guy Martin to Thibaut Ruggeri, Joël Robuchon, Michel Roth, Alain Ducasse and Jacques Le Divellec.
- . 1,960 square meters of fabric used for the seats of an Airbus A380, enough to cover six tennis courts
- and also:
- . 2.7 million children transported by Air France
- . 8 Arc de Triomphe’s could fit in the 400,000 cubic-meter hangar of the A380
- . 12,250 horses transported in 2012
- . 60 helicopters transported annually by Air France Cargo
- Air France from Athens has four direct flights to Paris (Charles de Gaulle) in the summer period, and two flights in the Winter period.
- Fares for a round trip economy class ticket start at 149€ all-inclusive! Book directly at airfrance.gr!
We offer customers a world exclusive possibility of downloading the digital version of paper newspapers and magazines onto their personal smartphones or tablets on the day of their flight, wherever they may be, free of charge. Customers will be able to consult and store the day’s headlines
on their smartphone and read them before, during or after their trip.
Air France also has two apps for free download: « Best offers by Air France » on iPhone and the new app « Inspiration by Air France » on iPad.